New Windows Virtual PC Features
Here are some of the exciting new Windows Virtual PC features that make it easy
to use, and to run many of your older Windows XP applications from your Windows 7
- Seamless Applications—publish and launch applications installed on
Windows XP Mode directly from the Windows 7 desktop, as if they were installed
on the Windows 7 host itself.
- Folder Integration between host and guest—access your Windows 7 Known
Folders, such as My Documents, Pictures, Desktop, Music, Video, from inside the
Windows XP Mode environment.
- Clipboard Sharing—cut and paste between your Windows 7 host and any
- Printer Redirection—print directly to your attached printer from your seamless
application or virtual machine.
- USB Support—users can access USB devices attached to the host directly from
Windows XP Mode. These devices include Printers and Scanners, Flash Memory/
Sticks and External Hard Drives, Digital Cameras, and more.
Windows 7 System Requirements
- 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1GB RAM (32-bit) / 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher Driver
Windows XP Mode with Windows Virtual PC Requirements
- Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise
- Additional 1GB of RAM
- Additional 15GB of available disk space
- Processor capable of hardware virtualization with AMD-V or Intel VT turned on