Unattend deploy Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 RC (Release Candiate). MDT 2010 is the next version of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, a Solution Accelerator for unattended / automatically operating system and application deployment. Look for new features in MDT 2010 including flexible driver management, optimized transaction process, and access to distribution shares from any location to simplify deployment and make your job easier. Save time and money when you deploy faster and easier with MDT 2010.
MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x64.msi for the x64 Release of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit RC
MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x86.msi for the 32bit Release of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit RC
MDT 2010 RC is tested with pre-RC build of Config Manager 2007 SP2.
User State Migration Tool
You no longer need to download the Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT) version 4.0 separately; it is part of the Windows AIK for Windows 7. USMT 4.0 supports capturing user state from all versions of Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. If you are using older Windows operating systems (such as capturing user state from Microsoft Windows 2000), you can continue to use USMT version 3.0 for that purpose.
For Lite Touch Installation (LTI) deployments, MDT 2010 requires the following components, regardless of the operating system being deployed. Install these components only on the computer on which you install MDT 2010:
• Microsoft Management Console (MMC) version 3.0
• Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
• Windows PowerShell™ command-line interface (CLI), version 1.0 or 2.0 Community Technology Preview 3 (CTP3) or later
• Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) for Windows 7
For Zero Touch Installation (ZTI) deployments, MDT 2010 requires the following components:
• If deploying Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 with Service Pack 2 (SP2) is required. The installation of System Center Configuration Manager also upgrades the Windows AIK to the version compatible with Windows 7.
• If deploying pre–Windows 7 versions of the Windows operating system (such as Windows Vista or Windows XP), you can continue to use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 with SP1. MDT 2010 fully supports System Center Configuration Manager 2007 with SP1, although you cannot use the Deployment Workbench in this configuration to maintain an MDT database (MDT DB), as the Deployment Workbench requires the Windows AIK for Windows 7. If you are using an MDT DB with System Center Configuration Manager, use System Center Configuration Manager 2007 with SP2.